You have reached the Website for the Central Sierra Audubon Society, which includes both Tuolumne and Calaveras counties. We are a chapter of the National Audubon Society and affiliated with Audubon of California. Central Sierra Audubon supports the mission of the National Audubon Society which is: to conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds, other wildlife and their habitats, for the benefit of humanity and the Earth’s biodiversity.
- To promote the conservation of wildlife and the preservation of the natural environment, through informative public programs, a Newsletter and this Web Site.
- To provide the opportunity for the observation and study of birds and other wildlife, through field trips, informative programs and grade school environmental education programs.
- To contribute to research in the fields of ornithology and conservation, through bird surveys and cooperating with public agencies in other ways, and by maintaining a Tuolumne County Bird List.
- To empower our members and the public with the knowledge to be effective environmental advocates in order to bring about a “Culture of Conservation”.
- To strengthen our Chapter, through membership building and effective fund raising.
NOTE: PDFs may require you to download and install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
The CSAS Bylaws